Selenium Webdriver Intro
Selenium Webdriver and automated browser testing.
Selenium Webdriver is a web framework from Selenium, an open source project containing several utilities for browser automation. Selenium produces a variety of softwares that act as emulators for users to interact with various browser interfaces.
Selenium Webdriver is comprised of four parts:
- Browser Drivers: Selenium has a driver for any given browser that requests, receives and executes a given task using Selenium commands via an HTTP server. The driver used is also specific to the language one is using to write the tests.
- Browsers: Like language bindings, Selenium also offers compatibility for numerous web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and others.
When working with Selenium Webdriver, the following things occur:
- Code for automated tests are converted from a given compatible language into an HTTP request using the JSON Wire Protocol described above.
- Whichever browser being tested activates its particular driver through Selenium and starts the server.
- The browser processes the request.
Further Reading and Sources
Selenium Webdriver Tutorial with Examples | BrowserStack
Selenium Webdriver is an important component of Selenium Test Suite Family. Read this detailed tutorial by BrowserStack…